I’m going to insert the link to the Minecraft Education site here just as a reminder to check it out later. As I shared in class, I want to want to incorporate this into my future teaching more than I currently do. I remember the feeling of being “over” video games as a sensation that spread through my body when I tried to play my PS3 at the age of 25 after having been away from home for a bit – the ability to just surrender to the experience wasn’t there anymore. But I can also recall what it was like as a child to be instantly immersed in video games. I’ve been reading “Everything Bad is Good For You” by Steven Johnson and the chapter on what the unique type of problem solving that occurs in video games shed some light as to why I and countless others are drawn to the medium. As far as Minecraft is concerned, it personally does little to interest me. I find that it is almost TOO open world – which is arguably one of its best features and something that draws millions of its devoted fans. I also can appreciate the impressive amount of educational application that Minecraft offers, but unless there is an explicit demand for it in my classroom, I think I will stick with more traditional means of teaching English. Mind you I said traditional, not to be confused with boring.