While I have yet to attend an actual EdCamp seminar, the introductory video and following discussions have left me curious and willing to try the real thing. The in-class example was very helpful as a brief introduction towards the concept and the discussion that the group I was a part of participated in was very engaging. Our group’s topic of discussion was “how to balance student and teacher-selected texts within a curriculum.” An activity that I’m very interested in trying out with my future class is essentially planning a curriculum using the EdTech “interest board” as a starting point. Since I know there will be concepts and texts that I will have to and want to cover I will include some “mandatory selections” on the board but a fair amount of room will be made for students offer up their own suggestions for consideration. Once a considerable amount of time has been given to brainstorming, I would – like we did in the EdTech class- give students three voting tabs which they may disperse as they like amongst the posted choices. My votes obviously count for 5 – but that should not suggest that I won’t take the students’ choices and interests seriously. As all of this is theory based at the moment I can’t comment on how effective it will be – all of that is a problem for future Andrew (Oh man, I’m sure glad I’m not that guy).